[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg gets a python error?

ramble1035 @dslextreme.com ramble1035 at dslextreme.com
Sun May 6 02:04:44 UTC 2012

I did a little searching in the archives but didn't see this mentioned...

I just installed the latest distributed release of OI on an HP box (in
other words, downloaded the 151a distribution image, installed it, and
ran the upgrade manager).  All looks good.

Then I created a couple of zones and, intending to use one of them as
a web server, tried to install the AMP package in the zone.  According
to the docs, we're looking at full-root zones, and to add a package in
a zone, you login to the zone and add it.

Unfortunately, any pkg invocation gets an error with a missing library.

root at oihp-web:~# pkg list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 45, in <module>
    import pkg.client.api as api
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
34, in <module>
    import pkg.client.image as image
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py", line
31, in <module>
    import pkg.client.imageconfig           as imageconfig
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/imageconfig.py",
line 16, in <module>
    import pkg.client.publisher as publisher
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/publisher.py",
line 24, in <module>
    import pycurl
ImportError: ld.so.1: isapython2.6: fatal: libcurl.so.3: open failed:
No such file or directory

Obviously I could manually add the library, but - is this the only
thing missing?  Is this a known issue?  Is there a better workaround?

Thanks -

  -- Chris