[OpenIndiana-discuss] NEWBIE can't find /usr/sbin/sysconfig

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon May 7 16:03:17 UTC 2012

On 05/ 7/12 08:39 AM, Uwe Reh wrote:
> 1. Remains the tool sysconfig proprietary to S11 or is there something
> equivalent at OI?

Oracle released the sysconfig sources, though I don't know if it depends on
anything specific to S11 or if it would work on OI:
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/caiman/slim_source/usr/src/cmd/system-config/

> 2. Is nwamadm realy just a old name for netadm?
>>http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2012-February/007175.html

Not just a new name, netadm is a newer version, with a few more changes since
nwamadm than the name, so the docs won't be an exact match (though I don't
remember exactly how far off they are).

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com