[OpenIndiana-discuss] can't delete aggregate (dladm)

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:14:12 UTC 2012

ok, disaster averted !

I tried a different flag the command I was using;
dladm delete-aggr -t aggr0 1

that allowed me to delete the virtual interface. Then, at that point I
was able to plum and unplumb the interfaces as per normal and recreate
the aggregate. It's all working now. Sorry for freaking out and
mailing the list! :) Don't want to burn up any good karma!

[root at openindiana:~] #dladm show-link
LINK        CLASS     MTU    STATE    BRIDGE     OVER
e1000g0     phys      9000   up       --         --
e1000g1     phys      9000   up       --         --
aggr1       aggr      9000   up       --         e1000g0 e1000g1

[root at openindiana:~] #ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu
8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
aggr1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 9000 index 13
        inet 192.168.1.250 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
        ether 0:25:90:b:34:0
lo0: flags=2002000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6,VIRTUAL> mtu
8252 index 1
        inet6 ::1/128

[root at openindiana:~] #ping yahoo.com
yahoo.com is alive

This list is a very congenial/valuable resource and I don't want to
squander it.

:)

tim

--