[OpenIndiana-discuss] COMSTAR qlt dropping link and resetting

Adrian Carpenter tac12 at wbic.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 18 08:25:36 UTC 2012

We are  using one port of each of  a pair of Qlogic 2562 cards to act as a FC target for our Xen environment, we are running oi_151a4.  The other port on each card is used as an initiator to attach to some FC storage(Nexsan).  We use two Qlogic SanBoxes configured so that the Xen hypervisors have a redundant path to the FC target which provides a Storage Repository from a ZVOL.  Everything works really well as expected with good throughput,  but randomly once every couple of days simultaneously  BOTH  FC targets on the Openindiana box reset their FC connections -  this of course causes real problem in Xen environment and is not help by having redundant multipaths.

We are at a bit of a loss,  does anyone have any suggestions?

Adrian