[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to test ethernet throughput?

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Fri May 18 13:38:09 UTC 2012

I'm just finishing a driver for the Atheros AR8131 and AR8132 ethernet
devices.  I'm ready now to test it under load.  What's available in
OpenIndiana for this purpose?  I couldn't see anything in the
repository that seemed suitable.  I don't need to bring the interface
up to maximum throughput, but I'd at least like to be sure that
nothing breaks when it has a reasonable load.