[OpenIndiana-discuss] can't delete aggregate (dladm)

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri May 18 13:59:02 UTC 2012

2012-05-15 2:11, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> ok thanks for the suggestion.. I've rebooted and it seems alright...
> let's hope it keeps working :)

Well, the manuals rightfully suggest against manual manipualations
of the configuration files, but I was saved by that a few times
while dladm (or any other component) was still in such active
development that it did not always do what it is intended to do.

In case of dladm, if proper command-line methods don't help, you
can try to manipulate the config files in /etc/dladm directory, and
particularly the /etc/dladm/datalink.conf file which defines your
physical and virtual links. AFAIK the file is read-in only upon
system boot, so it is a clumsy way of changing things, but when
it is your only working option - that may be suitable ;)

At least you can check there to see which settings your system
has "remembered" for the future.

HTH,
//Jim Klimov