[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mellanox MHQH29C-XTR Infiniband HCA compatibility

Wesley Brown wesbrown18 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:07:50 UTC 2012

Martyn, Rich,

This may be a little late to the party, but I'd like to chime in that the MHQH29C-XTR works beautifully on Open Indiana.  The hermon driver attaches, IPoIB works, as does SRP.  I answer this question because I was attempting to research this very subject, and found a scarcity of information on this.

root at stratus:~# dladm show-ib
LINK         HCAGUID         PORTGUID        PORT STATE  PKEYS
ibp0         2C9030057B3E0   2C9030057B3E1   1    up     FFFF
ibp1         2C9030057B3E0   2C9030057B3E2   2    down   FFFF

Additional notes for other members of the list:
    * 'memfree' InfiniHost III cards such as the MHEA28-XTC do not work at all with Open Indiana.
    * if you are wanting a vintage and affordable card, the 128MB version of the above card such as the MHGA28-1TC should work.  I am getting one in soon for testing.

-Wes

mklassen at imaging.robarts.ca
> wrote:

 I have been unsuccessfully trying to find compatibility information on the Mellanox MHQH29C-XTR Infiniband HCA with OpenIndiana.

> It is a memfree ConnectX 2 based card that I think should work. I have a ConnectX based card the works fine with the hermon driver in oi_148, but I have been unable to find any information about Solaris or OpenIndiana support for any of the ConnectX 2 HCAs. I was hoping someone might be using the card (or any of the other PCI device ID 26428 cards  http://www.mellanox.com/content/pages.php?pg=firmware_table_ConnectX2IB
) and can confirm compatibility?

 Martyn Klassen