[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hard Drive Temp

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue May 22 08:48:50 UTC 2012

2012-05-22 12:07, andre at ak47.co.za wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anybody know of an app that can be used to check hard
> drive temps?

smartmontools can do that, I've recently checksed - it is
not hard to compile in OpenSolaris (though I checked that
on an older release). It is not (yet) provided in illumos,
but I've made a bug to track the compile options and so on,
in case I or anybody else before me, comes to integrate the
package :)

https://www.illumos.org/issues/2723

> One step better can anybody suggest a Nagios plugin that
> can be used?

Perhaps a grepping wrapper to "smartctl"?

HTH,
//Jim Klimov