[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mellanox MHQH29C-XTR Infiniband HCA compatibility

Wesley Brown wesbrown18 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:20:24 UTC 2012

Ken,

MCX3 cards can be gotten for $25-$50, and the switch can be gotten for a ballpark of $100-$200.  These cards are primarily for me to test the Infiniband stack with OpenIndiana as part of the verification and test process in my home office lab.

I do agree that in a production sense, that it is better to get the more recent cards such as the MHQH29C-XTR for 40gbps of throughput.   This is the sort of network that we are building, and is why I have one on hand temporarily for my home office.

It has been a frustrating process, as there is no one guide to Infiniband on Solaris -- partially because Oracle rearranged the old Sun support and document sites so many sources of information no longer exist.

-Wes