[OpenIndiana-discuss] add inherit-pkg-dir

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:20:25 UTC 2012

Hello list,

I'm trying to get a solaris zone to inherit a package dir under openindiana 151:

These are the instructions I'm trying to follow:

zonecfg:apps> add inherit-pkg-dir
zonecfg:apps:inherit-pkg-dir> set dir=/opt/sfw
zonecfg:apps:inherit-pkg-dir> end

This is the blog where I found them:

http://saifulaziz.com/2009/08/09/solaris-containers-zones-howto/?blogsub=confirming#subscribe-blog

This is what happens when I try to do the above:

[root at openindiana:/export/home/bluethundr] #zonecfg -z lb1
zonecfg:lb1> add inherit-pkg-dir
usage:
add <resource-type>
        (global scope)
add <property-name> <property-value>
        (resource scope)
zonecfg:lb1>

All I get is usage output. What am I doing wrong here? Also I'd like
to get this zone to inherit /usr/local from the global zone. How would
I go about that?

thanks!
Tim
--