[OpenIndiana-discuss] packages for oracle db

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue May 22 23:47:34 UTC 2012

2012-05-23 1:51, Tim Dunphy написал:
> hey list,
>
>   I'm trying to install oracle 11g on my oi 151 box. It'll need the
> following packages:
>
> ERROR: information for "SUNWi1cs" was not found
> ERROR: information for "SUNWi15cs" was not found
> ERROR: information for "SUNWxwfnt" was not found
> ERROR: information for "SUNWxwplr" was not found
> ERROR: information for "SUNWi1of" was not found
> ERROR: information for "SUNWlibm" was not found
>
> Where can I find these packages?

Most of these are SVR4 (Solaris 10 and older, OpenSolaris SXCE)
packages with X11 libraries and components, and the binaries
should likely be in place if you installed OI from the LiveCD
with GUI (not the text-install). My box says it has SUNWlibm
in place, but not the others. If you set up the text mode
installer, you can try to add the X11 packages manually with
"pkg install <guess names from pkgrepo>", see the repo here:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/en/catalog.shtml?version=0.5.11%2C0.5.11-0.151.1.4&action=Browse

(specify correct release ver if needed)

Alternately, if possible, you can try to skip the Oracle DBMS
installer's checks for these packages (but do get the libm
somehow), these should only influence the GUI programs like
Enterprise Manager, DBCA wizards and stuff. You can do all
those tasks via command-line anyway, right? ;)

Finally, I think a better (or useful) resource would be to
seek documentation on installing Oracle in Solaris 11,
which has a much closer structure of packaging to OI
than Solaris 10.

HTH,
//Jim Klimov