[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which compiler to use for Perl modules?

Henner Gratz hpg at uni-bremen.de
Thu May 24 11:43:48 UTC 2012

Hello,

I need to install a few Perl modules on one of my OpenIndiana boxes
(oi151a4),
Digest::MD4 for example. Unfortunately the usual way of installation
(perl Makefile.PL ;
make ; ...) doesn't work because the created Makefiles are configured
for the
Sun/Solaris Studio compiler. How to proceed now? Download Oracle's
Solaris Studio
compiler or modify the Makefiles to use gcc instead of cc? Which
compiler was used
for buidling perl?

  Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Regards,

    Henner