[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome and the future

låzaro netadmin at lex-sa.cu
Fri Nov 2 04:29:39 UTC 2012

well, I did begin this thread but yesterday was a close day for me, just
now see the lot of good posted mails. Remember, my english is so
catastrofic has Sandy.

My 2 cents:

I did try to pull out "mate" about a posible solution for DE. Should be
good have a first steep with this new things. The idea of make OI a
server only OS make it more boring. For example, at the testing time,
some newbs just install the system and use it. A console, a browser and
a terminal is enough for testing.

Soon, the thing of the DEs must be "on tracks" again. I'd Suggest Mate,
because their are under developing and we could join effort because OI
are under developing to. But look like with a good future.

For the the WMaker's people I could suggest "awesome", it is just
awesome like the name but many people just prefer the Old Fashioned full
desktop. Mate bring things very VERY recentlys, the kind of things that
OI would like and I have not words for explain it in english, but really
suggest look to Mate as an option.

...talking about DEs. No long time ago, I did ask in the #openindiana
channel about CDE, the old sun desktop. It is a CRAP but I guest is like
a a symbol in the olds and goods Sun os time. I would suggest it as and
avalaible package, just by traditions and memories. CDE is now free,
also could be use as light weight desktop solution.

good days or night...

Thread name: "Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome and the future"
Mail number: 26
Date: Thu, Nov 01, 2012

> Yet I remember OpenWindows... Quite distinctive.
>
> >WindowMaker sounds good. Used it for a while a few years ago. Been thinking about looking at it again. :)

Off-topic P.D.

God bless New York, Cuban's churchs praying for yours, we know how is
that situation.

--
100'000 pelos de escoba fueron