[OpenIndiana-discuss] System Panics after deleting zvol

matt at focusedmobile.com matt at focusedmobile.com
Thu Nov 8 12:21:24 UTC 2012

Need some help trying to recover data from my zpool (version 28).

You can read all the gory details here:
http://www.nexentastor.org/boards/2/topics/8502

I am unable to import the pool into OpenIndiana live (or any other
distro) and am expereincing the same kernel panic whenever I try to
import my zpool after I deleted an old zvol...  long story short I have
tried every import switch I could find and even ran zdb -e -bcsvL which
took almost 4 days(screen shots in thread listed above).

Right now I am only able to import the pool as read only, but since
this zvol was presented to a remote windows host via iSCSI when I try to
use sdbadm to recreate a LU and map it to the remote host it errors out
with:
  (Unable to share "ZFS_Pool/File_Store" zvol: Unable to create lu with
zvol 'ZFS_Pool/File_Store': stmfadm: data file error)

Right now I want to either:
1) Just get the data off the volume and recreate the pool
2) Roll back the Uberblocks to just before I deleted the zvol..

fmdump -eV   (Shows me the following)
TIME                           CLASS
Nov 02 2012 17:21:35.560816412 ereport.fs.zfs.checksum

When I view the history -il of the pool ( I can see multiple entries
where it is trying to destory but never completes)

2012-11-08.00:28:52 [internal destroy_begin_sync txg:6853992] dataset =
69 [user root on Nexenta]

Matt