[OpenIndiana-discuss] System Panics after deleting zvol

George Wilson george.wilson at delphix.com
Fri Nov 9 14:52:12 UTC 2012

Matt,

You should do something like this:

1). zpool create <newpool> <newdisk>
2). zfs get -o name,value -p volsize <oldpool/oldvolume>
3). zfs get -o name,value -p volblocksize <oldpool/oldvolume>
4). zfs create -V <value from step #2> -b <value from step #3>
<newpool/newvolume>
5). dd if=/dev/zvol/rdsk/<oldpool>/<oldzvolume>
of=/dev/zvol/rdsk/<newpool>/<newzvolume> bs=128k

Once the 'dd' completes then you can configure the newzvolume to share
out with iSCSI and try it out.

Good luck,
George