[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI volumes

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:26:30 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 12:38 PM, Florian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has someone experience with Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI
> volumes from two OI servers?
>
> I tested this on a virtual machine, but it would be great, if I can get
> some  experience with such a combination!
>
> Will this work without problems? The Linux Server is connected through
> one Gbit Interface to a switch and this switch is connected to the two
> OI servers. Will there be a bottleneck? Can I get full Gbit speed or is
> this speed divided due to the mirroring of the iSCSI volumes?

Whether you can attain the desired performance depends on a lot of
factors which you have not mentioned here, but theoretically, yeah, you
should be able to do it - if the initiator and target machines are
powerful enough and the network isn't bogged down with heavy traffic,
there is nothing in principle preventing you from getting maximum link
throughput.

Cheers,
--
Saso