[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox security

"Weiergräber, Oliver H." o.h.weiergraeber at fz-juelich.de
Sat Nov 17 17:14:17 UTC 2012

Hello,

am I right thinking that the firefox version supplied with OI is the same as in Solaris 11, and updated more or less regularly together with the remaining userland?
Does this mean it is safe to use?
I generally don't care about new features in later firefox versions, as long as security issues are still fixed (i.e., patches are backported) in due time.

In case the stock firefox cannot be considered safe, would it be possible to include the latest firefox build available on the mozilla site in one of the OI repositories.
This would simplify updates considerably.

Regards,
Oliver

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich