[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana on new Apple Mac mini's

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Mon Nov 19 21:07:05 UTC 2012

Apple did a technology refresh on several products a few weeks ago, to
include the Mac mini.  Among other things, it can be ordered with 16 Gb
of ram from Apple.

I wouldn't want to use one of these as a server, but it would make a
great desktop box in a very small and quiet platform with a nice
quantity of ram.

I know in the past, I had loaded OpenIndiana, and several other flavors
of Solaris on a mini without issue.  But, I had acquired a new mini back
in 2010 that I was never able to get OpenIndiana on.  It is currently
serving as my DVR.

Thanks for any comments,

Jerry