[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS High-Availability and Sync Replication

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Thu Nov 22 13:10:56 UTC 2012

> From: Doug Hughes [mailto:doug at will.to]
>
> strange. I tested failing the targets while the initiators are up and
> failover worked fine. One half of the mirror went away and everything
> worked as expected.

Same here.  Until I put it into production and then one day it didn't.

The only thing I can say was different during the day when the target went away and didn't come back healthy - the target stayed down extra long that time, and it went down and up several times.  At one point, I think zpool status said a device was "offline" and I think I "online"d the device.