[OpenIndiana-discuss] Conflicting packages

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:29:08 UTC 2012

Indeed you are right:

larcher at na75:~$ pkg contents -r blas
PATH
usr
usr/lib
usr/lib/libblas.a
usr/lib/libblas.so
larcher at na75:~$ pkg contents -r lapack
PATH
usr
usr/lib
usr/lib/libblas.a
usr/lib/libblas.so
usr/lib/liblapack.a
usr/lib/liblapack.so
usr/lib/liblapacke.a
usr/lib/liblapacke.so

I guess we should report to SFE maintainers.
For the moment just having the lapack package seems enough though.

Moreover in
https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/spec-files-extra/file/65bca4bb8413/SFEoctave.spec

You can see that the package depends on xblas and lapack and that in that
case the blas library is called libxblas.so such that there is no conflict.

larcher at na75:~$ pkg contents -r xblas
PATH
usr
usr/include
usr/include/blas_dense_proto.h
usr/include/blas_enum.h
usr/include/blas_extended.h
usr/include/blas_extended_private.h
usr/include/blas_extended_proto.h
usr/include/blas_fpu.h
usr/include/blas_malloc.h
usr/include/f2c-bridge.h
usr/lib
usr/lib/amd64
usr/lib/amd64/libxblas.so
usr/lib/amd64/libxblas.so.1
usr/lib/amd64/libxblas.so.1.0.0
usr/lib/libxblas.so
usr/lib/libxblas.so.1
usr/lib/libxblas.so.1.0.0

Best regards,

Aurelien

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Paul Johnston <
paul.johnston at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to build octave this is the tail of my first attempt:

> checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) no
> checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) no
> configure: error: You are required to have BLAS and LAPACK libraries
>
> paulj at smartos1:~/Downloads/octave-3.6.3$ pfexec pkg install blas
>            Packages to install:  7
>        Create boot environment: No
> Create backup boot environment: No
>
> DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
> Completed                                  7/7       72/72      4.0/4.0
>
> PHASE                                        ACTIONS
> Install Phase                                310/310
>
> PHASE                                          ITEMS
> Package State Update Phase                       7/7
> Image State Update Phase                         2/2
>
> paulj at smartos1:~/Downloads/octave-3.6.3$ pfexec pkg install lapack
> Creating Plan |
> pkg install: The following packages all deliver file actions to
> usr/lib/libblas.so:
>
>   pkg://sfe/library/lapack@3.4.1,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120807T181337Z
>   pkg://sfe/library/math/blas@1.1,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120807T183737Z
>
> These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
> be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
>
> The following packages all deliver file actions to usr/lib/libblas.a:
>
>   pkg://sfe/library/lapack@3.4.1,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120807T181337Z
>   pkg://sfe/library/math/blas@1.1,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120807T183737Z
>
> These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
> be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
>
> paulj at smartos1:~/Downloads/octave-3.6.3$
>
> I assume the "and" in BLAS and LAPACK is a proper and so any ideas?
>
> paulj at smartos1:~/Downloads/lapack-3.4.2$ uname -a
> SunOS smartos1 5.11 oi_151a7 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
>
> Cheers Paul

LARCHER Aurélien            | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42   | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 5
Mob.: +46 (0) 7 09 46 40 17 | 100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN