[OpenIndiana-discuss] isc-dhcp client

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Oct 1 12:49:28 UTC 2012

2012-09-06 18:23, Gary Mills пишет:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 10:06:15AM -0400, Gary Gendel wrote:
>> Whoops! Make that "I was wondering if I should include the client".
>
> I guessed that was it.  I'd expect the client to be in a separate
> package since it should replace `dhcpagent' and possibly `dhcpinfo'
> and `in.ndpd', and might require changes to the SMF services that
> start them.  As well, all OI machines will require the client but only
> a few will require the server.

Also consider local zones which might be using DHCP clients
during their lifetime and/or from the initial startup for
installation/set-up; this might be or not be covered by the
same SMF changes as for the global zone (some SMF scripts
have special if's/case's for local zones, and that is not
always made logical for today's implementation of zones).

//Jim Klimov