[OpenIndiana-discuss] Preliminary Download link: Illumos based MartUX_OpenIndiana_Edition for SPARC LiveDVD (without installer)

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Oct 1 13:41:13 UTC 2012

hmmmm.... mine is not even seeing the disks installed on the system....

On 09/28/12 01:15 PM, Andrej Javoršek wrote:
> Hello,
> I also have no issues to boot liveDVD on my headless SF210 (LOM). Also had
> no issues to start net with DHCP and IPv6 autoconf., start ssh ....
> But the question remains how to install it on disk?
> I followed manuals on Oracle howto create mirrored rpool...
> - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1459/diskssadd-2.html
> -
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18752_01/html/821-1910/migratingufsoverview.html
> - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19082-01/817-2271/ggtia/index.html
> rsync-ed content of (liveDVD booted) / to prepared rpool/ROOT/Martux
> ....?!
> and got:
> ======snip======
> {0} ok boot
>
> SC Alert: Host System has Reset
> Probing system devices
> Probing memory
> Probing I/O buses
>
> Sun Fire V210, No Keyboard
> Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
> OpenBoot 4.18.10, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #OMITED.
> Ethernet address OMITED, Host ID: OMITED.
>

> Rebooting with command: boot
> Boot device: /pci at 1c,600000/scsi at 2/disk at 0,0:a  File and args:
>
> Can't open boot_archive
> ======/snip============
>
> Now what?  :)
>
> Best Regards
> Andrej
>
> BTW: I just noticed that I forgot to recreate boot_archive
>

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Alex Smith (K4RNT)
> <shadowhunter at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I think my SB2500 has either an XVR-600 or XVR-1200, can't remember off the
>> top of my head. Will find out tomorrow when I work on the host for the
>> first time in a while! :)
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Martin Bochnig <martin at martux.org>
>> wrote:

>> on
>> less

>> Newegg,
>>>
>>> Hi Alex, this extra step indeed only required on the SB2500.
>>> And maybe it was only caused by my cheap JLDS (or what it was,
>>> manufacturer as reported by Joerg's cdrecord) DVD+R 4.7GB disks, with
>>> the cheap label "Kaufland".
>>> I had no other media anymore, will re-test the SB2500 Red and Silber
>>> (both behave identically) tomorrow, with other vendor's DVD's.

>>> I compiled /usr/sfw/bin/gcc and /usr/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc from
>>> consolidation oi-build.
>>> As I wrote yesterday somewhere, I was required to add an auto-applied
>>> patch that changes the ./configure command line to include
>>> --disable-multilib. Otherwise gcc doesn't compile on SPARC. However,
>>> so nice so good. But this cause OS/Net or Illumos to fail instantly.
>>> The solution is hidden in the special diffs that Sun used since
>>> Solaris 10. But at the first place I had believed, a distro like OI
>>> would years ago have included them And secondly I was under immense
> [...]

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson