[OpenIndiana-discuss] postgres as service on OI

Bruno Damour llama at ruomad.net
Wed Oct 3 19:49:50 UTC 2012

Hello,

You could as well use the tarball built by postgresql teams/contibutors.
They live in http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.2.1/solaris/ (version number is the last one) and exist for solaris 11 i386 which must work on illumos.

I use them and never had problem, just unpack in /opt
You will have to tweak your svc files, though, but I can provide mine : postgresql_92.xml to import into svc cfg,
And postgres_92 start script to copy into /lib/svc/method/

Good luck
Bruno