[OpenIndiana-discuss] a problem about the core dump

DengEncore EncoreDeng at bizconline.com
Fri Oct 5 15:17:49 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

         I met a strange problem about the core dump in openindiana.

         The setting of ulimit like below:
root at openindiana:~# ulimit -c
unlimited

but, my program, sometimes crashes but no core dump in the program directory.

And I have done some testing, like read write a NULL point, and the core dump was generated normally.

My program was just doing some socket jobs, and have a few threads.

My question is, if there is any special bugs that when the program crashes and no core dump will be generated?
Or there should be any special setting I was missing?

Thx.

.

--
Best Rgds,