[OpenIndiana-discuss] rebuilding man page catalog

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 04:58:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why? That was exactly the sort of thing I was asking for.
>
> The command suggested, catman -w , did not do the trick though.

then either you worded it differently from what you actually wanted,
or this is indeed something else :-)

the *index* that catman -w rebuilds is used for the "man -k" or
"apropos" commands, but not, AFAIK, for the actual display of man
pages - I'm sorry I don't know enough about the man infrastructure to
address the Q you initially asked.

cheers
Michael