[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS Active Directory Computer Account access

Will Ottewell wottewell at christtheking.notts.sch.uk
Thu Oct 11 14:12:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Noted an issue with CIFS/AD integration and wondering if anyone else has seen it or got it to work:

We have an OI box joined to our domain, and for user access it's fine, however, if we try to use "Software Installation" or access the OI CIFS share as a computer account rather than a user, we are unable to do so. Is there any way to allow the computer account to be able to connect? ACLs on files and folders seem to be correct, are there any logs I can use (or any debug options to set to get logs) to see what's going on?

Thanks

Will Ottewell
ICT Network Manager
Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this email.

Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy, Darlton Drive, Arnold, Nottingham. NG5 7JZ
Part of the Pax Christi Catholic Academy Trust. Registered Company - 08192900