[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAID Controler.

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:25:18 UTC 2012

LSI bought 3ware.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Roel_D <openindiana at out-side.nl> wrote:
>> no way, LSI or Adaptec are "the RAID Controllers"
>
> LSI bought an other company a couple of years ago. Can't remember the name, but those cards will not work even with a LSI sticker on it. Those cards come cheap second hand, but i had to move to opensuse for this particular server to get it running.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> The out-side
>
> Op 12 okt. 2012 om 20:30 heeft Pepe Komatsu <ppkomatsu at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> thank a lot...
>>
>> no way, LSI or Adaptec are "the RAID Controllers"
>>
>> 2012/10/12 Mark Creamer <whitetr6 at gmail.com>
>>
>>> I have one of those. I've never been able to get OI to work with it. Just
>>> doesn't recognize the drives. Maybe things have changed in recent releases
>>> though. I haven't tried for a while on that box. Now I don't use anything
>>> but LSI when I'm building for OI (or SmartOS). No problems then.

>>> --
>>> Mark
>>

>> --
>> Ricardo Komatsu
>> Consultor de TI

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,
chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron
Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is
trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron
Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)