[OpenIndiana-discuss] Zfs stability "Scrubs"

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Fri Oct 12 21:34:42 UTC 2012

"Maybe people associate doing scrubs with something like
doing NTFS defrags?"

Well if read all the posts and because i installed napp-it on my homeserver which has a scrub scheduler i was almost at the point of assuming such.

I recently bought a secondhand x4140 just because it performs so well.

I had until recently running mysql cluster on an old HP G3 with solaris 10. It served a lot of data with heavy writes every 15 minutes. The whole cluster was running in zones based on ZFS storage. Worked like a charm, without scrubs for 3 years. It had 4 scsi 73GB drives. Had to stop it because i moved all  to a X4140.

ZFS saved me so much trouble and is so fast that i am afraid that new OI users will get scared when they read all the bad news.

Kind regards,

The out-side

Op 12 okt. 2012 om 23:07 heeft Michael Stapleton <michael.stapleton at techsologic.com> het volgende geschreven: