[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAID Controler.

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Oct 13 13:10:47 UTC 2012

2012-10-13 11:27, Roel_D wrote:
> Yes! That is the card i own too.
> I have tried to install it with solaris 10 but no driver existed. Maybe today for OI

There is a driver "tw" provided by the vendor.
A couple of months ago Edward Ned harvey posted a procedure
to add his driver (3ware 9650SE) during LiveCD installation:

Result:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.openindiana.general/9047

> Kind regards,
>
> The out-side
>
> Op 12 okt. 2012 om 23:36 heeft "Alex Smith (K4RNT)" <shadowhunter at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I haven't tried 3ware cards on OpenIndiana, but I plan on trying them
>> out, I have a 3ware 9550SX PCI-X SATA RAID controller, and on Linux, I
>> *love* them.

Yes, I too loved 3ware when I did Linux years ago ;)
But the reconstruct-after-reset times (i.e. when the UPS did not
hold out as long as it should have) were dog slow, tens of hours
lagging after reboot, especially since the OS also tried to do
its fsck at the same time.

//Jim