[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating and booting a zone within oi_151a: problem with filesystem error

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Oct 14 12:13:53 UTC 2012

2012-10-14 16:06, Julien Peeters wrote:
> Hi ML readers,
>
> I've recently installed a OpenIndiana system for a storage server.
>
> I would like to create zones for security purpose and when I do so I
> encountered some problems.
>
> When I try to boot a zone, the following error appear:
> svc:/system/filesystem/local:default: WARNING: /usr/sbin/zfs mount -a
> failed: exit status 267
> Oct 14 04:50:53 svc.startd[9831]: svc:/system/filesystem/local:default:
> Method "/lib/svc/method/fs-local" failed with exit status 95.
> Oct 14 04:50:53 svc.startd[9831]: system/filesystem/local:default failed
> fatally: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)

I believe your zone definition manifest includes delegation of
some datasets from GZ into the local zone. These datasets have
defined mountpoints relative to the zone root.

Are the directories at these mountpoints empty? Non-emptiness
and refusal to overlay-mount are the typical cause of such zfs
error. To test this, you can "zlogin -S zonename" from GZ to
get into administrative shell and try to run the "zfs mount -a"
and "zfs list" commands, as well as "zfs mount pool/datasetname"
to mount the dataset in question. If you have a hierarchy of
datasets, mount each one alone and see if the deeper level one's
mountpoint inside the parent dataset is empty.

HTH,
//Jim Klimov