[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] Re: Memory usage concern

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Oct 22 14:24:38 UTC 2012

I have this problem with any VM running on either Sol10 Nevada,
Opensolaris, openindiana.  I have the ARC restricted now but for some
reason, and 'people at sun that know these things' have mentioned it
before when sun still existed, when something needs a big devoted chunk
of ram, zfs fails miserably at giving up its cache.  If I don't limit
the ARC, a few days of even a single VM running causes the system to
start stalling.  With the ARC limit, everything is peaches.

This is on a system with 4 dual core processors and 32 gigs of ram.

On 10/22/12 01:25 AM, David Halko wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Cedric Blancher <
> cedric.blancher at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 16 October 2012 01:22, Jason Matthews <jason at broken.net> wrote:

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson