[OpenIndiana-discuss] AMD 900 series chipset support

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Sun Oct 28 11:46:23 UTC 2012

I also have OI running on that motherboard in case there is some need
for testing. So far I've had no serious issues with that motherboard or
the chipset that I'm aware of and I have used it for almost a year now.

The issues that I have is that the rge (and gani?) drivers don't appear
to work very well with the onboard Realtek netwoek interface
controller.  I had serious issues with it and ended up getting an Intel
controller instead.

Also anything that spells JMicron spells trouble. I've never manage to
get any rhyme or reason into that SATA controller, not even in Windows.
Gigabyte has used this controller on many motherboards but on this
particular motherboard they use the Marvell 88SE9172 controller which I
don't believe there is any driver for in OpenIndiana unfortunately.