[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to disable local/remote login, still allowing access to smb share?

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Mon Oct 29 15:17:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am still newbie to UNIX administration. Please advise. After setting
up a storage server (a number of smb shares, as described at
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Using+OpenIndiana+as+a+storage+server), I
ended up having a number of users at my system, each one needed only to
access an smb share from a Windows client machine. How do I prevent
using these usernames/passwords to login locally or remotely to the
server, and only use them to access smb shares?

Dmitry.