[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to disable local/remote login, still allowing access to smb share?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Mon Oct 29 15:46:38 UTC 2012

Wrt /bin/false, I ran into such an exception: I installed freeradius on my
ubuntu main server so my astaro gateway could authenticate people.  They
already had accounts on that host for email - all of them using /bin/false.
I naively tried to use the freeradius plugin "unix password" (not the right
name, but the gist is accurate.)  freeradius would reject auth attempts due
to 'invalid shell'.  I ended up using the pam plugin and all was well...