[OpenIndiana-discuss] ACPI errors

"Weiergräber, Oliver H." o.h.weiergraeber at fz-juelich.de
Mon Oct 29 16:51:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

just a quick follow-up on this issue: These ACPI errors are still present both with oi 151a7 and Solaris 11.1.
Since I observed a similar message with CentOS 6 (and, by inference, RHEL 6) but not with earlier linux versions, I issued a bug report with them,
and got this useful hint:

"HP's firmware doesn't like _OSC being called multiple times. This is a violation of 6.2.10 of the ACPI specification, but was worked around in upstream commit 415e12b2379239973feab91850b0dce985c6058a"

This "commit" can be found here:
http://git.opencores.org/?a=commit&p=linux&h=415e12b2379239973feab91850b0dce985c6058a

I hope this helps to get a fix (or workaround) into OpenIndiana ACPI.

Best regards,
Oliver