[OpenIndiana-discuss] Backup User for zfs send and receive

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Sun Sep 2 19:07:38 UTC 2012

Well, when I set something similar up, I added the "ZFS File System
Management" profile to the user with the users-admin GUI, and used "pfexec
zfs receive ..." for the receive command.  As I understand it, it means
that it is allowed to run "zfs" with root privileges, so it wouldn't be
limited to one pool, or to specific subcommands, so perhaps it is more than
you want.  I haven't used it with comstar, but I would expect root
privileges to be enough.

Tim