[OpenIndiana-discuss] Backup User for zfs send and receive

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Sun Sep 2 23:05:10 UTC 2012

We used different methods, the user profiles just tell pfexec what the user
can run as root, you still need to call it with pfexec in order to run it
as root.  His method gave some privileges to a particular user on a
particular pool/filesystem, so that he didn't need root privileges to do
the zfs receive (until comstar got involved, apparently).

Tim