[OpenIndiana-discuss] tip & ttydefs questions

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 20:23:49 UTC 2012

Thanks.  I'll give that a go.  Kermit simply showed what I already knew.  I'm getting a newline but no carriage return. Kermit will map a carriage return to a newline, but not a newline to the pair.

Strangely stty will not allow me to change certain things, but the man page gives no indication of when or why.

Evi Nemeth et al after remarking that it adds great complexity w/ little increase in functionality conclude the section on setting up terminals under Solaris w/ "Have fun."

It's ridiculous that something so trivial would be such a hassle.

sigh..