[OpenIndiana-discuss] Illumos as a NAS

James Relph james at themacplace.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 08:37:37 UTC 2012

> really? Can you elaborate? The thing is, I'm in the process of
> compiling and updated winbind from latest Samba sources (and
> documenting that process) in order to test with that if the problems
> with supplementary groups go away and if it works with Solaris CIFS.

After I'd installed winbind and had that up and running, doing a svcadm start smb just put it straight into maintenance mode.  I didn't do much investigation beyond that as it wasn't critical at the time, but I assumed there was some kind of conflict in terms of ports.

Have you had any luck getting it working?

Best regards,

James.