[OpenIndiana-discuss] stty source code

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 15:14:11 UTC 2012

Sorry, I missed that detail.  I just opened the connection w/ tip, went to the window where I was setuid to uucp and did "stty olcuc </dev/cua/0" then back to the tip window. No effect.  Everything is still lower case.

At this point, I think I need to make a non-setuid copy of tip and run tip under truss from a shell which is setuid to uucp.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try that though as other things will take up the rest of the day.

I'm beginning to suspect that there's something in the USB serial driver which is being more "helpful" than it should.  So another thing is to spin up OI on a box w/ a real serial port and see how it behaves.