[OpenIndiana-discuss] isc-dhcp client

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Sep 7 13:43:22 UTC 2012

On 09/07/12 09:12, Gary Gendel wrote:
> I fail with a "No route to host" message.  The full output is:

"No route to host" typically means that the routing table has trouble,
not that there's anything wrong with IP Filter.

At a guess, you may need to do this:

	ifconfig inet6 bge0 plumb up

> Is this something I'm doing wrong in ipfilter or am I missing something
> else? For example, do I need to set up a logical or virtual nic on bge0?

DHCPv6 is a very different beast from IPv4 DHCP.  For one thing, it
operates entirely at the UDP level over regular IPv6 interfaces, while
IPv4 DHCP implementation typically requires special "tricks" to be able
to send and receive UDP/IP messages without having the IP interface
configured.