[OpenIndiana-discuss] Multiple Windows servers and a OI NAS, how to get there

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Fri Sep 7 14:41:37 UTC 2012

Many thanks for the advice.
I needed this info because we made a mistake by assuming that two Windows servers could share an iSCSI target. This seems to be the road to hell, because NTFS filesystems don't like multiple clients having access to them. Therefore we needed a new solution.

It seems that windows services can't see the shared drive that is created with option 1 nor from option 2. Now we use the direct link inside ( \\ComputerName\DriveName ) our windows service and then it works well.