[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot ping localhost (with NoNet configuration)

Ivan Gualandri ivan.gualandri at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 18:30:25 UTC 2012

No success.
Here my settings for pkg/server:dev

pkg/port: 81
pkg/address: 127.0.0.1
pkg/inst_root: /export/pkg/dev

Any other idea?
My problem is that OpenIndiana supports my network card only using myk
driver, but i found only a version that need to be compiled, but the
default installation of OI doesn't have gcc, then i must install that
package :(

Thanks,
Ivan

On 9 September 2012 17:13, Michael Stapleton <
michael.stapleton at techsologic.com> wrote:

> Have you tried to configure pkg/server to listen on 127.0.0.1 ?
>
> # svccfg -s pkg/server setprop pkg/address = net_address: 127.0.0.1
>
> # svcadm refresh pkg/server
> # svcadm restart pkg/server
>
> Mike
>
> ?On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 11:25 +0200, Ivan Gualandri wrote:
>
> > Thank you yuri,
> >
> > unfortunately it doesn't work.
> >
> > I've done  the following:
> >
> > svcadm netwokr/ipfilter:default disable
> > svcadm pkg/server:dev enable
> > pkgrepo info -s http://localhost:81
> >
> > And i receive always the same error.
> > I checked with netstat but there is nothing listening on port 81 for
> > localhost.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ivan
> >
> > The installation is a clean installation of openindiana.

> need

> > > Just a guess.. Don't you have svc:/network/ipfilter:default enabled, by
> > > chance?

"elen sila lumenn omentielvo"