[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS sharing in a Windows Domain

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Sep 12 15:22:51 UTC 2012

Thanx for the answer.
They're AD users.
Da: Robbie Crash
A: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
Data: 12 settembre 2012 16.15.56 CEST
Oggetto: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS sharing in a Windows Domain
How are clients authenticating? AD or OI accounts?
Sended from my Android.
On Sep 12, 2012 5:43 AM, "Gabriele Bulfon"
wrote:
Hi,
when sharing a zfs filesystem inside a domain, I usually chmod 777 the
base filesystem,
then the Windows Administsrator can start creating folders and giving
permissions.
Maybe there is somtehing wrong with the way I do it, but the strange thing
is that the base share
results available to Everyone, they can create folder, files, and these
get only the permissions of this
user and just System. So, not even the Administrator can delete this files.
If I remember well, there is no way to change the permission of the base
share (the zfs filesystem)
by the Administrator, but only subfolders inside it.
When sharing a zfs filesystem via CIFS, I'd like this base share to have
just permission for the
Administrator, so that he can only create folders / files there, and then
give permissions to others.
What's wrong?
Gabriele.