[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI stopped booting after 151a6 update.

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:51:23 UTC 2012

On 09/ 6/12 07:26 PM, Dmitry Kozhinov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a quite old machine running OI: ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard,
> Athlon XP 1150Mhz CPU, 1GB RAM. Everything worked fine until the 151a6
> update. Now the boot process hangs (progress bar is moving, no HDD
> activity, nothing). Previous 151a5 BE boots fine.
I also got stucked with 151a5.
I have IPS packages installed from
openindiana.org/dev/,opensolaris.org/legacy,sfe,sfe-encumbered and
HomeunixIPS , with .pkg packages.
I had some error message updating from 151a4 to a5, but since I think I
removed some packages it was complaining about, it was updated.

After going to 151a5, I can not longer install any IPS package and also
upgrade to a6 can not be done.
I still have OI_151a4 and working OI_151a5 BE's and also Opensolaris
snv_134b to upgrade from, so I can test upgrading.