[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can't Acccess USB 20 Jump Drive

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Wed Sep 19 20:38:18 UTC 2012

No luck yet!
I'm running oi under VBox under XP Pro SP3 and I think it runs as fast as XP
on my Compaq Presario V5000.
I've  tested other distros and both run slow so I'd like to stick with oi.
I want to use a jump drive for R/W data storage but oi can't see the jump drive.
If I can get it to work then I'd like to contribute the documentation on how it's done.
Perhaps someone else has already done what I'm attempting to do.
Here is what I know
     The required VBox extension pack is installed - or so I think!
     The USB Dialog has both Enable USB Controller and Enable USB2.0(EHCI) Contoller checked
            and there are no USB Device filters.
     Running FAT32 on the USB
      Q Are you running OI as virtualbox slave?
      Ans  VBox is running under XP Pro SP3 and I don't know if it is a slave.
When I run cfgadm it reports ALL  usb Ap_Ids With Type unknown
  Receptacle empty, occupant unconfigured, and Condition ok