[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris cp problems

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Mon Sep 24 11:23:48 UTC 2012

On 09/24/12 06:09, Sebastian Gabler wrote:
> PS: I am using the Solaris cp command to have an easy way to preserve
> file attributes moving a share from one pool to the other of my CIFS
> server.

It could be ftw() going awry ... how deeply are these directories
nested, and what file descriptor limits (ulimit -a) do you have?  I
think bash defaults to 256, which isn't much.

"ulimit -n 4096" may help.

You might also try other commands, such as:

	find <sourcedir> -depth -print | cpio -p - at dmPV <destdir>