[OpenIndiana-discuss] sharesmb=off refresh problem

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:23:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Sebastian Gabler <sequoiamobil at gmx.net> wrote:

> I detected lately that if I set a zfs filesystem to sharesmb=off, the share
> will only be disabled on a subsequent re-start of the CIFS server. In the
> meantime they remain accessible, but it is removed from the sharemgr list.
> Has anybody else come across that already?

I'm guessing this is "by design". Services have commands like "start",
"stop", "restart" but also "refresh". The latter is intended that you
go around your system tweaking configuration files (I imagine "zfs
set" is a frontend to a "configuration file"), and only do a "refresh"
when you've made all your changes.

Jan