[OpenIndiana-discuss] 1rst mirror in Europe: Illumos based MartUX_OpenIndiana_Edition for SPARC LiveDVD (without installer)

Jeppe Toustrup openindiana at tenzer.dk
Fri Sep 28 06:40:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Martin Bochnig <martin at martux.org> wrote:
> 4th: OI leaders contradict themselves when it comes to SPARC
> On their beautiful website it reads, openness, openness and
> involvement is welcome (or the like).
> And that help with SPARC would be appreciated.
>
> Am I the only one who notices, that they never officially, nor
> inofficially responded?
> Not at all  ... !?
> Nothing came from them. Not even a location where we could upload this stuff.

As you may or may not know we don't have a "leader" at the moment, as
Alasdair Lumsden stepped down as project leader one month ago. Things
pretty much work on their own from people who contribute work.

I don't read all mails on this list, and I haven't paid much attention
to the mails under the "SPARC-OpenIndiana Screenshots" thread, as I
don't have any SPARC servers running anymore, I didn't have a huge
interest in reading the mails in that thread, and thus missed your
call for hosting help. Perhaps a new mail thread where you
specifically called out for somebody to host your ISO file would have
worked better?

Regardless, I have downloaded the ISO file to the central OpenIndiana
DLC server, where it will be replicated from to the other mirror
servers. Within a few hours the ISO should be available at
http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/sparc/ from around the world.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)