[OpenIndiana-discuss] Preliminary Download link: Illumos based MartUX_OpenIndiana_Edition for SPARC LiveDVD (without installer)

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Sep 28 15:25:21 UTC 2012

in openXsun_session.log

The loadable module for the display device SUNWefb is not installed

Fatal server error:
InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fb

/usr/X11/bin/xinit: giving up
"" unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
"" server error

for the ls -l /dev/fb*

/dev/fb -> /devices/pci at 8,700000/SUNW, XVR-100 at 1:efb0

/dev/fb0 -> fbs/efb0

/dev/fbs:
total 1
efb0 -> ../../devices/pci at 8,700000/SUNW, XVR-100 at 1:efb0

tried the link but it did not help (deleted the efb0 link that was there).

I am going to pop in the xvr1200 again since obviously it is not the
cards fault....

Thanks so much for your help.

Dan

On 09/28/12 11:05 AM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Daniel Kjar <dkjar at elmira.edu> wrote:
>> hmmmm.....   When I do X11go.sh I get the usb keyboard selection hit enter
>> and then it pops back to #.
>>
>> Gonna swap the xvr1200 for the 100 and see if that helps....
>

> Oh, I'm sorry  :(
> What's in /tmp/X*log
>
> pls., what gives ls -l /dev/fb*?
> Does ln -s /dev/fb0 /dev/fb help?

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson